TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Travel arrangements and published prices including those detailed on the Internet site are provided and coordinated by the Albany Visitor Centre, hereafter referred to as ‘The Booking Agent’. The person making the booking is referred to hereafter as ‘The Client’. The property owner or manager is referred to hereafter as the ‘Operator’. Due care has been taken to verify and check all information including the Internet sites as at time of compilation and transaction of bookings. However, as the relevant accommodation & tour operators supply this information, The Booking Agent accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy or misdescription contained in this publication or information as so supplied. Sales of service as contained in this publication are made by The Booking Agent, only as an agent for the person, business or company providing the services. The Booking Agent does not accept responsibility for any changes in price variation of services shown. All services and prices are subject to change without notice. The Booking Agent is not liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delays generally, inconvenience or any irregularity which may be caused by errors and omissions, reason of any defect in any vehicle, vessel, or any company or person engaged in conveying of passengers, or in the carrying out of arrangements of the tours and travel or the provision of accommodation.
Literature available in the Albany Visitor Centre and information on the website may contain information about activities which by reason of their physical exertion or the degree of physical fitness required may be unsuitable or dangerous for certain persons to undertake, or activities may be described which are inherently dangerous. The Booking Agent makes no representations of fact, nature, quality and suitability about any or all of the activities promoted and the Client agrees to accept responsibility for first satisfying himself/herself by independent enquiry or advice as to their suitability of the particular activity. All maps, photographs, illustrations and computer-based graphics are included for general purposes only and are not always indicative of the subject matter. Accommodation photographs (graphics) may not be specific to the actual room occupied. Maps are not to scale.
1. The ”Client’ must be at least eighteen years of age. The Client must be authorised on behalf of all other members of the party making the booking.
2. The booking is made on the basis the Booking Conditions shall apply to all members of the party. By making the booking, the Client confirms that he or she is so authorised and that other party members agree that the booking is subject to these Booking Conditions.
3. The ‘Client’ is responsible for making payments prior to arrival and payment is made to the Booking Agent. A deposit equal to no less than 30% of the total cost or 1 night’s tariff, whichever is the greater, is required at the time of making the booking and the balance payable 14 days prior to arrival.
4. The booking is made on the basis that the Client agrees that no liability can be accepted by the Operator or the Booking Agent for expenses, costs, losses, claims or other sums of any description which relate to the occupation of the property.
5. The Client and all members of the party agree the premises cannot be used for any purpose other than the provision of accommodation. The Client and all members of the party further agree not to use the property for any commercial, unlawful or anti social purpose.
6. The Client is responsible to the Operator for the actual costs of any breakage or damage in or to the property along with any additional costs that may result – which are caused by the Client and/or any members of the party and the Operator can require payment from the Client to cover any such costs. The Client agrees to keep the property clean and tidy and to leave the property in a similar condition as it was found upon arrival. The Client agrees to pay all costs incurred in connection with cleaning or restoration of the condition following occupancy by the Client. The Client also agrees to pay an Administration Fee to the Booking Agent of $150.00 per hour for coordinating any restoration to the property resulting from damage that they have caused. The Client agrees to provide their credit card details as security and authorises The Booking Agent to charge their credit card for the purposes of addressing any of these additional damage and coordination costs as required.
7. The Operator is entitled at his/her sole and absolute discretion to refuse to hand over to the client, or to repossess the property where damage is reasonably believed to be caused by the Client or any members of the party, or where quiet possession is disrupted or threatened. Under these circumstances such an event will be treated as a cancellation of the booking by the Client.
8. The Client must not sublet, or allow more people than stated in the original booking to occupy the property without the consent of the Operator or the Booking Agent. If this were to occur without consent, an additional payment will be required to compensate the Operator for the loss of revenue and all associated costs incurred resulting from the occupation of the property. The Client or any member of the party cannot take any animal into the property unless this has been arranged in advance and acknowledged in the booking confirmation. If the Client does any of these things, the Operator can refuse to hand over the property, or may repossess it. If the Operator does so, this will be treated as a cancellation of the booking by the Client. In these situations no refund of any monies paid in respect of the booking will be made and neither the Operator nor the Booking Agent have any liability to the Client as a result of the situation arising.
9. The Client agrees to vacate accommodation by 10am on the end date specified on the Itinerary unless otherwise agreed with the Booking Agent and to return the key to the Booking Agent.
Cancellation of Confirmed Bookings
10. When the Client receives confirmation, the details must be checked carefully. The client is deemed to have validated the booking unless notification of any error or omission is communicated in writing immediately and in any event no later than 24 hours of the booking transaction. The Booking Agent accepts no liability for errors or omissions where the Client has failed to immediately notify details of any errors or omissions. The Client is deemed to have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions of The Booking Agent as per outlined in this document.
11. Cancellation of Confirmed bookings by the Client (where payment has been made) will attract a $60 (inc GST) Administration Cancellation Fee. The Administration Cancellation Fee is in addition to any advertised Cancellation Fee the Operator may impose. Credit Card Fees are non-refundable. Amended bookings will attract a variable Booking Amendment Fee not exceeding 1.9% of the total value of the booking.
12. Once the Booking Agent issues written confirmation to the Client, this signifies that the Operator has entered into a binding contract with the Client which is subject to these Conditions.
13. The Booking Agent reserves the right without recourse to offer alternative accommodation and/or tour of a similar standard in the event of force majeure or any other reason which is outside of the control of the Booking Agent or in the event of the Operators Failure to meet obligations arising in respect to any booking transaction. In the event the Booking Agent is unable to book a similar and acceptable alternative the Client will be offered a refund or the option to enter into a new transaction with nil carry over conditions.
14. When a Client makes a booking for either a tour or accommodation more than 30 days prior to the event or arrival, the Client must reconfirm and validate the booking within five business days prior to the event or arrival.
15. All currency quoted in publications, documents and Internet websites is in Australian Dollars ($AUD).
16. The Laws of Western Australia shall apply to these conditions.
17. The Booking Agent reserves the right to alter the Terms & Conditions without notice.
18. Terms and Conditions contained in this document are valid from 1st August 2016.